Guilded welcomes enquiries for assistance with sourcing art for your project or space. Our focus is on material or process led artist-designer-makers.*
*For example, we source textile art, furniture designs, antiques and sculpture, but not paintings.
There can be a number of reasons you may want to consider support with sourcing:
- You have seen a work of art but it is sold or unavailable., or you may not be sure who created it. You may not be sure or recollect who created it.
- You are time poor, yet may have a sense of what you are looking for.
- You particularly admire an artist’s work and would appreciate an insight into what is available, possible and with regard to cost.
- You may appreciate the advantages offered by the discretion Guilded offers its clients.
- Guilded will arrange carriage or shipment and installation where required.
- Guilded will check condition and authenticity, seeking proof of authentication from the seller.
There follows an example of an enquiry Charlotte Bowater was pleased to support:
A client of Guilded in the Far East had long admired the work of ‘living national treasure’ Olga de Amaral. Olga de Amaral is a Colombian textile and visual artist known for her large-scale abstract works made with fibers and covered in gold and/or silver leaf.
Her work is represented in over 40 museums internationallly including the Museum of Modern Art in New York.
Charlotte was developing a major bespoke installation for the client at the time, who also had long admired de Amaral’s work and was considering purcahsing a piece by the artist. At their request Charlotte set to research and familiarising herself with de Amaral’s catalogue and representative galleries in order to be in a position guidance and make recommendations. In so doing Charlotte spoke to de Amaral’s daughter Valentina who today manages her mother’s body of work. This, combined with more extensive reserach identified key works and intelligence on pricing which served to ensure the client achieved their goal before prices increased worldwide.
Charlotte, through Guilded, procured the works for her client and make the arrangements for shipping and condition check on arrival.
Our sourcing service is usually remunerated through negotiation at purchase by Guilded, with the client not paying any more for the work acquired, or service provided. However, this depends on the nature of the project and its value. Please contact Charlotte for more information as there may be circumstance where a fee and/or introductory commission is more appropriate.
Espacio by Olga de Amaral