Georgina Brett Chinnery
The chosen medium of artist Georgina Brett-Chinnery is leather. She creates sculptural forms, blending her expertise in upholstery with traditional leather working techniques such as tooling, braiding and stitching, celebrating the tactile essence of material.
Brett Chinnery’s artistry is in the seemingly effortless combining of material, process and meaning, her exceptional work has earned her the Cockpit Arts / Leathersellers’ Award for two years running.
Her background comprises the study of 3D design and subsequently upholstery. Combining these skills she has garnered press accolades for her unique approach to design and craft.
Guilded invites commissions for her work, whether a tooled leather bespoke mannequin to your dress size for your dressing room or a full scale wall mounted leather panelled artwork, even a full scale bird fashioned entirely out of leather.
- 2017 Masquerade, Wing Gallery, Wadhurst,
- London Craft Week, Fine Leatherwork at Leathersellers’ Hall 4-6 May
- London Design Festival, British Craft Pavilion
- Le Cuir A Paris
- Collect, The International Art Fair for Contemporary Objects, Saatchi Gallery, London.
- Tent London, Truman Brewery, London.
- 2015 Cockpit Arts / Leathersellers’ Award 2015
- 2014 Cockpit Arts / Leathersellers’ Award 2014
- Cibas Peer Mentoring Programme, Palmer Hamilton Partnership.