Anna Gravelle is a textile artist and designer. Working within craft and digital processes, she creates luxurious wall art and offers bespoke art and design solutions for domestic interiors and public spaces. Texture is at the heart of her design process with the aim of creating a beguiling and unexpected tactile experience.
Gravelle established her Bristol studio in 2013. The following year the Crafts Council selected Anna for their prestigious Hothouse Programme for emerging designer-makers and she was nominated for the Perrier-Jouet Arts Salon Prize in 2015. Since then her work has featured in major design festivals and craft exhibitions and she spends most of her time responding to bespoke commissions. Guilded offers an exclusive opportunity to purchase her rare personal studio works.
- Bath Spa University 2009/2013 – MA Design: Fashion and Textiles
- South Glamorgan Institue of Higher Education, Faculty of Art & Design 1985/1989 – Fine Art BA [Hon]
- Freelance Textile Designer 2013 to present.
- Associate Lecturer: Bath Spa University, Department of Fashion and Textiles, MA Textiles 2016-2017
- Associate Lecturer: SGS College, Bristol School of Art, Foundation in Art & Design 2016.
- Designer In Residence: Bath Spa University 2015/2016
- Technical Demonstrator: Bath Spa University, Department of Fashion and Textiles 2013/2015
- Producer/Director: BBC Features and Documentaries, Bristol. 1993/2008
- GUILDHALL HOTEL, BRISTOL – commissioned to design a series of textured wall panels for the hotel exterior balconies and window surrounds. Delivery 2019.
- BRISTOL ARTISAN: Fair curated by Designer/Makers
- LONDON CRAFT WEEK: Marks & Tools showcase at the Oxo Tower with Design Nation
- CONTEMPORARY CRAFT FAIR: Work selected for the Devon Guild of Craftsmen stand
EXHIBITIONS and AWARDS
- PERRIER JOUET ARTS SALON PRIZE 2015: Nominee for the prestigious art prize.
- SURFACE DESIGN SHOW 2017: Hospitality Surface Spotlight: laser etched leather Waveform acoustic panel selected by Trend Consultant and curator Sally Angharad for this showcase.
- WOOL B n B: Work selected for the Campaign for Wool’s annual showcase for the best of wool interior products.
- DECOREX 2016: Selected to launch a new collection of interior products with Design Nation. The collection features a new laser etched leather ottoman and a range of acoustic panels designed in collaboration with RPG Europe featuring tufted and screen printed fabric.
- SURFACE DESIGN SHOW 2016: Health + Wellbeing Surface Spotlight: Acoustic hand- printed and embellished textile panel exhibited as part of this showcase for contemporary surfaces.
- DECOREX 2015: Selected to exhibit a new collection of interior products and fabrics with Design Nation at this International Trade Fair.
- shiftWORKS: Designed a printed and tufted shift dress for this touring exhibition with the ‘seam’ textile collective, celebrating the golden anniversary of the shift dress design. Venues are for 2016 are the Devon Guild of Craftsmen and Select Festival in Spring 2016. The exhibition will then travel to the Knitting and Stitching Show and the National Centre for Design in 2017.
- LONDON DESIGN FESTIVAL 2014: Showcase of emerging contemporary designers at the Urban Living Showroom, Great Portland Street, London.
- NEW DESIGNERS ONE YEAR ON 2014: Selected to exhibit at this event for designers in their first year of business at the Business Design Centre, London. Runner Up for the One Year On Prize.
- CONTEMPORARY CRAFT FAIR 2014 Exhibited interior products as part of the Hothouse showcase at this popular craft fair in the South West.
- HOTHOUSE 4: Selected for the Crafts Councils’ prestigious business incubator scheme in 2014.
- MOOD BRUSSELLS EXPO: Trend forecasters Global Colour Research featured several surface design samples on their Future Trends stand at this European trade fair.
- NEW DESIGNERS 2013: Graduate exhibition held annually at the Business Design Centre in London. Bath Spa University MA Textiles group show.
- TENT LONDON 2012: Selected for the Bath Spa University group stand at this trade fair during the London Design Festival.